The T&V Choir Welcomes You!
The Town and Village Synagogue Adult Choir and Junior Singers are led by Cantor Shayna Postman.
If you love to sing beautiful Jewish music, join the Town & Village Synagogue Choir!
To make it official, please contact email@example.com to set up an informal audition.
In expressing Jewish identity through traditional and contemporary Jewish music, participants in our choirs help strengthen our community’s connections to each other.
Children in 2nd grade and older are invited to join the Junior Singers!
Made up of volunteers, each year our choirs look forward to welcoming new members. Singing together a great way to stay connected to the community in a way that is both fun for participants and functional to our Synagogue. Choir members form strong bonds to one another and their participation enhances the quality of our services on the High Holidays, at our annual Cantor Louis Moss Memorial Concert, on Shabbat Shirah, and throughout the year at such events as T&V’s Musical Purim Spiel, and the Downtown Kehillah’s Holocaust commemoration.
Rehearsals for our adult choir take place on Tuesday evenings (unless otherwise indicated below), at 7 PM in the Kleiman classroom on the second floor of the Synagogue building.
See below for the 2016-17 rehearsal schedule and performance dates.
Singing in the T&V choir is a fun, challenging and meaningful experience for all who participate. Since our repertoire includes a range of music from more simple to more elaborate pieces, members of the choir take rehearsal attendance seriously, and work hard with help of the cantor and other choir member to make the most of our time together. Members come prepared to work hard at rehearsals (with a little bit of time to shmooze), to arrive on time and with a smile. Click here for T&V Choir Handbook.
Veteran choir members are invited to sing with us on Shabbat Shirah, and are asked to attend the two rehearsals prior to Shabbat Shirah. They are also welcome to sing with us during services when choir members sing informally with the cantor.
Since are always looking for new choir members with whom to share this experience, please invite any talented Sopranos, Altos, Tenors or Basses to join us. August is the best time of year to join the choir. Please note that only synagogue members (or paying guests) can sing in the High Holiday services.
For more information about or to set up an informal audition to join the Town & Village Synagogue Adult choir or Junior Singers, please contact Cantor Shayna Postman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 212-677-8090 ext 25.
The Town & Village Synagogue Choir
- Rehearsals are generally on Tuesdays from 7-9 PM November 1 through February 7
- The Nov. 8 rehearsal will likely be moved to Thurs. Nov. 10
- Additional Rehearsals: Thurs. December 8 (maybe) & 15 (definitely)
- No rehearsals: Dec. 20, 27 & Jan. 3
- T&V Annual Concert: 28th Annual Cantor Louis Moss Memorial Concert – December 17, 2016
- Shabbat Shirah: Friday evening & Saturday morning, Feb. 10 & 11
- Annual Choir Dinner: January 27
- Spring Dates – TBA
The T&V Junior Singers
(For children in 2nd grade and older)
- Rehearsals take place on the following Sundays from 12:15-1:15 PM: Nov. 6, 20, Dec. 4
- Sunday Dec. 11 12:15- 2:30 PM
- Tues. & Thurs. Dec. 13 & 15 from 6-7:15 PM
- 28th Annual Cantor Louis Moss Memorial Concert – December 17, 2016
Calendar for our 2017 Musical PURIM Spiel:
Purim Spiel auditions & rehearsals
- Sundays from approx. 12:30-2:30 PM
- January 8: Auditions
- January 22, 29
- Feb 5, 12, 19, 26
- March 5
- March 9 – 6 PM Final Rehearsal
- Saturday, March 11 – Purim SPIEL & Megillah reading
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
CANTOR SHAYNA POSTMAN
AT 212-677-809212-677-8090 EXT. 25
Check out the T&V choir and other Videos at our YouTube Channel: