Town & Village Hebrew School
“Where children really learn and really love learning”
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE ENROLLMENT FORMS
Letter from our Principal
At Town & Village Hebrew School we have two fundamental beliefs:
- Children should be happy as positive self esteem is the most important factor in learning
- Judaism and Yiddishkeit bring joy and meaning to our lives.
Together these two beliefs are the foundation for our Hebrew School. On top of that foundation we have built a challenging and creative curriculum that is engaging and dynamic. We then add caring, experienced and creative teachers. The outcome is a joyful Jewish educational program where children really learn and really enjoy learning.
I invite you to come speak with me. Together we can make sure that Town & Village Hebrew School is right for your family. Our school is small and each and every child and family is important. Come visit and see and hear the special feeling of the Town and Village Hebrew School community.
L’Hitraot (see you soon),
Our Award-Winning Program has many outstanding features:
- Small classes that are creative and challenging, designed with a keen appreciation for and understanding of various learning styles
- A warm, experienced staff committed to comprehensive learning within a fun and dynamic classroom
- Family programs for Shabbat, holidays and Jewish life throughout the year
- Opportunities for parent education, often offered while the children are in HebrewSchool
Parents are encouraged to begin their child’s Jewish education at a young age because each grade builds upon the previous year’s learning. Special arrangements can often be made for children who start later.
Our Goal and desire is to enable our students to:
- Be conscious and proud of their Jewish identity and their place in the world Jewish community
- Govern themselves by the mitzvot (commandments) in their relations with each other and God
- Rejoice in Jewish observances and practices
- Develop a desire for a life-long pursuit of Jewish learning
- Identify with the history, people and State of Israel
- Share learning, fun and friendship with other Jewish children
- Celebrate their bar or bat mitzvah with confidence and joy! Our Rabbi and Cantor personally provides necessary preparation and all children have the opportunity to celebrate their bar/bat mitzvah on a date reserved just for them.
Our Curriculum is comprehensive and covers the following areas:
- Shabbat and Holidays
- T’fillah (prayer)
- Jewish History
- Jewish Life and Ethics
Our Curriculum is enhanced with:
- Weekly music and T’fillah with our fabulous Cantor Shayna Postman
- Art classes focusing on creating ritual items
- Family and community programs
- Current events
- Class trips
- School-wide tzedakah (social justice) projects
Our award winning Hebrew School is a small, nurturing environment where each and every child and family is important. Children emerge from our school knowledgeable about, and rejoicing in, Jewish observance, practice, culture, history and identity.
To arrange a school visit or to speak with us about your children, please contact: Nina Loftspring at 212-677-8090, ext 24 or at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!